Investment Opportunities - 2018
Mauritius has, over the recent years, experienced growth in various fields of Life Sciences.
The sector has tremendous opportunities in:
- Medical Devices
- Clinical Research
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Marine Biotechnology
Attractiveness for Mauritius as a Life Sciences destination
- Presence of leading pharmaceutical companies manufacturing drugs exported to Africa and other parts of the world
- Presence of leading medical devices manufacturers exporting to the global market
- Preferential market access to the EU, USA and the Eastern & Southern African markets
- Mauritius has an enabling framework for clinical research.
- The Clinical Trials Act is based on international best practices.
- 634 medicinal plants out of which less than 10% have been studied
- Exclusive economic zone (EEZ) of 1.9 million square kilometers (with an additional 396,000 km2 co-managed with the Republic of Seychelles) providing enormous untapped marine resources